Monday, April 27, 2015

Chad Bukowski 1975-2015


Last Thursday I heard very sad, shocking, and unfortunate news that an old friend of mine passed away after a short battle with cancer. Chad Bukowski was a guy I had known since I was pre-school age. He was a big dude, about 6' 8" or 6' 9" I think. He was a very talented basketball player back in high school. One of the FUNNIEST guys I had ever known. We were very close friends in elementary school, and stayed friends into high school even though we did not see each other as much. I always loved when we had a class together because we were always laughing and drawing goofy pictures. He was a guy I always looked up to (also since he was almost a foot taller than me!) and I enjoyed being around him.
I greatly regret that we did not stay in touch after we graduated. We saw each other only a couple times since 1993, but it was only in passing. The last time being maybe 7 years ago or so, but I look at those short times fondly. I was so happy to later hear that he married another Ashwaubenon High School classmate of ours named Kelly Ford. Kelly was also a kind hearted person I always thought so highly of and I was happy to hear that they were a couple.
My heart goes out to Kelly, and their sons Collin and Cooper. I sadly could not be at his funeral today because I was out of town at an annual convention I attend. So as a tribute to Chad I created this illustration of him tonight as I best remembered him way back in high school.
Chad, THANK YOU for all the wonderful memories, I hope you know how much you meant to people, and that you will NEVER EVER be forgotten.


No comments:

Post a Comment